Hot Fried Chicken
This is a juicy and very tasty way to prepare Hot Fried Chicken so, get your frier ready and start cooking.
First we have to get ready all the ingredients:
- Prep: 15 m
Cook: 15 m
Ready In: 2 h 30 m
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and place them in a deep-sided baking dish.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, hot pepper sauce, and 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, stir to coat all sides of the chicken pieces, and cover the dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 2 hours to marinate.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk mixture, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining buttermilk mixture.
- Place the flour, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste in a large plastic zipper bag, and shake well to combine. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken at a time into the plastic bag, and shake well to coat the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Gently place chicken pieces into the hot oil, and fry until chicken is cooked through and golden brown, 8-10 minutes (breasts and wings) or 13 to 15 minutes (thighs and drumsticks). Drain the fried chicken on paper towels.